Tuesday 8 May 2007

Movies shit me

Well not really...just that it's annoyed me over the weekend, and put me off watching Spiderman 3. But I did want to see ANY movie that wasn't quite my "cup of soup"...whatever that is. I mean I went to the cinema, after uni to Chadstone, my friend goes "why, everything would be closed when you get there", and my reply "bleh I just wanted to". When I got there, it was like one minute before Spiderman 3 was about to screen...just that, I WASN'T INTERESTED.

Everyone has been raving to me about how great it is, what a good movie it was, what anticipation they have gone through waiting for it to screen, oh what hairy arms Mary-Jane has. BLEH DON'T CARE, NOT SEEING IT.
Instead I went and saw "The Reaping" a suspense horror film, the other option I was gonna choose was "The number 23" starring Jim Carrey...and the other movies, well they just didn't appeal to me AT ALL. I just wanted to be freaked out, somehow.

Who wants to know the plot of the movie??? Fine, I'll ruin it all for you. Actually I didn't think the scary bit was the movie, despite many images that would probably scare the living shits out of you, which sent many shivers down my back(many times) watching it alone (yes, I was the only one in the cinema, me and the person screening it for me to watch). Actually there was a Hoyts staff with a torch coming in to actually check to see if I was in there, which was kinda scary, coz who expects people with torches shining at you in a HORROR film???
It's about a science professor, Katherine believes in facts as to miracles, after the lost of her daughter and husband in Sudan. She has proven supposed miracles in all places of the world, with scientific investigations. Until she is brought upon a town with a "bloody" river, and what seems to be a reoccurence of the 10 Biblical Plagues(which had been scientifically proven). But despite her strong will to prove what seems to be happening with cold hard facts, the evidence that is taken from the investigations don't add up. Slowly she starts to believe the existence of the story, and that Satan's existence is real. And all ten plagues evolve, killing the livestock, killing the first borns, etc etc, to create a perfect child.

Okay think I scare you all. Thing is, I don't get the the point of the film, she is summoned to solve the mystery of the town, and that they all seem to die, but then she has the "perfect child" within her, and Satan(within the spooky child) continues to exist...yeah I was lost, but also scared, I still have the freaky images in my head. I didn't really sleep all the well after it. Seriously the things I do to myself. I must reconsider. My uni friend couldn't believe I went and saw The Reaping by myself, and called me insane...so there.

Word of warning : Wendy is insane.
Final words: M Rated my arse :P
(I'm still shivering talking about the movie)

No comments: