Friday 8 June 2007

What a day to start off with: WATER RESTRICTION STAGE 10

Thursday, June 07, 2007

What a day to start off with: WATER RESTRICTION STAGE 10

I'd reckon this is probably what Water Restriction STAGE 10 would be like: ABSOLUTELY NO WATER within certain times of the day. They should do that more often, if councils REALLY wanna save water...do it by cutting peoples' water supplies off *wink wink nudge nudge*

Our neighbourhood had its water cut off for the hours of 10am to 3pm today, although there was available drinking water supplied at the end of the street, I didn't really wanna walk all that way to get it. I waked up late, so I couldn't do the normal stuff with our natural water supply. So I had to brush my teeth with yesterdays urn water, and clean my face with a serviette and that water...I said to myself, I might continue to save water this way, though in the long run, might not be too good on my health. That water is umm errr a bit OLD and ....brown.

So all day, limited water drinking, toilet usage, and eating. Coz it would be nasty if I happened to have any upset stomach, requiring a toilet and then the HORROR of not being able to flush, that would be awful :P If worst comes to worst I was gonna drive up to Box Hill and use their public toilets(maybe that's why I sometimes see people brushing their teeth there).

I did survive the water drought of the household for the day, and some dimwit forgot to turn off the tap this morning, and it was gushing when the water came back, and overflowing in the bathroom. I dunno if that dimwit was me...but I'm normally not that careless, so I'll just shift blame and blame the elder ones.

Naturally without water, hygiene becomes a major issue to worry about. What does my brother do? PEE in the garden, great eh? Total privacy eh? How'da heck am I to know when his peeing schedule is? Though I think it's totally wrong (I didn't see anything though). HE'S KILLING THE PLANTS, not fertilising, I mean the amounts of liquids he drinks, I reckon he's peeing acid. So DRINK MORE WATER LADS!!!! I don't wanna know when he needs to take a dump, I sure don't hope the ones he finds in the garage is his (lately there has been piles of crap in there, his accusing possums, dogs, cats and even grandma LOL). And seriously, do guys wash their hands after they pee pee, or simply just dip it in water and call it clean? I dun wanna touch anything my bro touches after he pee pee :S Makes me wanna do what the mums does in that TVB drama and carrying cleaning materials all the time, and wiping everything that may or may not have BACTERIA on it.
Remind me why are we saving water? Because it's a limited resource right? Then why is it sooo cheap? I checked the last water bill, and it was only $18 for a month. Why don't they just UP the price? That way people might actually STOP wasting water. Now I don't get why I spend more to BUY water at supermarkets, when it's like $1 a a bottle, which ain't even one litre. So save water, drink your home water, saves money in your wallet too. Or I shall go and become a water accountant (no joke, there is such thing, began February 2007, that's your teaching for today).

Cheers
Wendy

No comments: