Saturday 21 July 2007

Hunting poo-poo man

Hunting poo-poo man...what's that all about?

Well I went to work from 5.30-10pm last night, I had to walk through the front doors to start my shift, when walking through I see all these Safety yellow signs near the store entrance, and slight wet marks, and a poor cleaner trying to mop up something. I walked past thinking it smelt like vomit or something, but then I think to myself, that's pretty impressive to be spewing for 5 metres plus.

Not thinking much of it, I continued walking to the back of the store to the reception to clock-in. Back on the floor, all the managers are gathering round discussing the atrocity of the matter. It was a 30 or so year old man shitting himself that distance. Dribble and wet...seriously WEAR A NAPPY THEN. But my manager was like a metre of this actually occuring, a man walking past with a dark long jacket and this yellowy substance following him. My manager was walking to the refunds desk, thinks what on earth the liquid is, realises it and dodges it as the smell gave it away. Then after the matter, they reviewed the security camera footage and YEP the guy is indeed a running-walking poo-poo man. My manager was spraying lotsa perfume, but still it didn't cover the stench.

And to think this is during a TOY SALE where lotsa family members with kids are shopping trolley worth of toys, and NOT knowing they are walking around the store with shit residue on their shoes....so bad. We wanted sales, so it's best not to tell them "sorry you just stood in crap, happy shopping" that would be wrong, and we wouldn't have made budget. But we did, and blew the budget, so that's good.

But when I came in, Poo-poo man was gone, my other manager was like "should we contact security and get them onto him, he might be shitting himself all over the complex". I sorta feel bad for him for having such a disorder, but moreso sorry for all the customers and employees that have to witness or endure the after effects of Poo-poo man.

LOL
~Wendy

No comments: