Saturday 7 April 2007

I declare “National Hug a Wendy Day”


I declare “National Hug a Wendy Day”

Or if you can’t find a Wendy to hug, your mum or dad or just anyone close by could be the alternative. Why this special day? Just coz I feel like it HEEHEE

Just coz I’ve been through so much this past month or so, parents not being home, the independence/non independence, coz I’ve been taking care of the other siblings have made me feel like I’ve aged 10+ years in a month. Not good….need a hug.

Why hug an alternative? Coz have you ever thought, if they didn’t do certain things, you could develop certain diseases without even knowing it.

Certain bacterium such as Salmonella and Shigella develops around kitchen sinks and cause food poisoning. If it weren’t for your parents doing such a good job in cleaning, you would have died ages ago. I’ve been told about these bacteria since a kid, so I know well, what they can and can’t do (but not like my parents are scientists or anything).

Yeah they may look like quite the computer desktop image, or some graphic artwork, invert the colours and it could look quite neat. But harsh reality is that these pics are indeed REAL!!! These micro-organisms CAN and WILL grow if you are not careful…So saying so, keep a bottle of White King at hand and actually do some cleaning. I did, I needed to buy a whole new bottle, coz I finished the last. I scrubbed a 70m^2 kitchen floor tiles, from black grouting to white again…so I KNOW WELL!!!

Parents being back; not quite lightened the load of housework I do. Seems multiplied more, coz more people to take care of. But somehow I feel more obliged to, than previously to carry out certain activities than the past, coz my mum has come back from her holiday with Bell’s palsy. Seeing her like that, makes me feel bad, that someday she might not be here, and that diseases, pain and death may be just a step away. Hence maybe I’ve always had a fear of death; necrophobia.

What is Bell’s palsy? It is the facial drooping of half the face, due the inflammation of a facial nerve, which controls the muscles of the face. It affects approx 1 person in 65 during a lifetime. The cause is unknown. Symptoms include paralysis of one side of the face, not being able to shut the eye completely, numbness, facial spasms, lose of taste, dribbling, Crocodile Tear Syndrome (tears falling uncontrollably). Treatment isn’t necessary, sometimes a steroid maybe prescribed. However most people (60-80%) recover within several weeks, others several months, and others not.

I’m just worried if it doesn’t heal, it’s sad seeing her like that. At first when I saw her again, it reminds me of my Cookie Monster with the sideward smirk, and Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but then it really ain’t good referring my mum to those characters, in that there is a possibility it could be permanent. I miss my mum smiling properly. I missed them so much; I hugged them at every chance possible.

Okay I’ll end this blog, coz I’m so tired, didn’t get to sleep till 2am(which took forever, coz of the tile scrubbing, made my arms feel dead, and not belonging to me), then got pranked 4 times at 4am in the morning, and then having to get up at 6am. SO WHOEVER PRANKED ME, SAY SORRY!!! I’M SOOOOO TIRED!!! IRON DEFICIENCY!!! Who so cruel to me??? :”(

~Tired little Wendy again~

No comments: